Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Refocusing

Submission is not always a simple thing. Blind obedience and the subjugation of the will takes effort. I am fighting something instilled in me as part of my cultural doctrine; I am fighting JKF: The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

But I will because I have chosen it. I will stop being lazy, and stubborn, and resistant no matter the source. I will be obedient because it is what I have chosen and it is what makes me feel safe. I'm sorry for my behavior this past week, Sir. It was unacceptable. I will take responsibility for my part of this. I will be obedient and submissive. I will stop treating you with disregard; I will stop taking advantage of you. I will alter my behavior so that it is not necessary to be removed from you. It is my responsibility to deny those moments of self-indulgence. I did not earn them, I should not need them, and I certainly, have not deserved them. I am yours. It is not the other way around no matter how comforting that thought might be. It is my position to be available, to be open and to be compliant. It is my responsibility to do what I am told and nothing more. I will try to stop forgetting that. I will try to stop itching for reassurance. I am sorry, Sir.

PS. Don't worry about the content of this image. It was chosen for it's relevance to the topic of submission. It does not occur to me to want to chain you up and beat you. Quite the opposite, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home