Saturday, May 27, 2006

Book Store

Johnny wants to shop for books with me. He's indisposed at the moment, so I took the liberty of looking a little on my own. I was trying to find this one in particualr that I loved as a kid called, When Everyone Was Fast Asleep by Tomie De Paola, who also did Fin M'Coul. I already have Fin M'Coul cause I saw it one day in the store, but I love that book. When Everyone Was Fast Asleep is about the Fog Maiden who comes and takes you to a magical place. It's really nice.

This one is one of those books you learn a lesson from. The poky little puppy like, wanders off or something, and gets lost. I just remember liking this Little Golden Book and also, The Tawny Scrawny Lion.

The Giving Tree is another book where you learn a lesson about sharing and sacrifice, and also, ecological reform. We have to use every part of our natural resources or we are wasting...like the Native Americans and the buffalo.

A simple book about closure. It's good for kids like me who needed to tuck every single animal in bed and say goodnight to my furniture. The artwork is simple too. I was reminded of this book when Jay Mohr parodied Christopher Walken at a book reading for this. Grin.

This was one of my mother's favorite books when she was little. She liked it because she had red hair like Madeline. She read me this book almost everyday and I liked it cause you could anticipate the ryhmes.

Check out the title and say it out loud. Can you see why I got a kick out of this book, Johnny? It was a story about brains beating braun, too. And I liked the hidden little pictures.

I'll keep shopping, but I think I'll have a bunch of these sent to me, and then send them to you. Grin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home